Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's time to grow up.


For some reason I see a pattern in my life.

Actually not a pattern, but a theme.

The theme, wait for it.... it's:

DRAMA.

That's right, everything is a drama. If you ask me how I am it's rare that I can simply answer, "I'm great, thanks!".

Today I woke up, actually the last couple days when I've awoken, that's all I want. I want to be great. I'm tired of the drama. I'm tired of the emotional heart that keeps me up at night, steals sleep, falls tears, is hurt by others, scared of future unknowns, in the throws of chaos over events that have not even happened. My days are being stolen, I have too many dreams, and even if my fears do happen, why would I want the days to be consumed with anything but the good things?

The part that I'm talking about, that I'm literally sick to my stomach about, is the part that is needing to grow up- not the beautiful emotion of passion I possess. It's time to take responsibility for the drama, and for lack of a better term, get my butt in gear. ;) I need to exercise, rain or shine, every day. I need to call the doctor, make appointments, take charge of the fact that I have health problems by the reigns and actively pursue health with unwavering determination. I need to sit down daily, journal, write, take time to listen for answers from Him, and get my conversational relationship with Father back on track.

It's time to stop feeling like I'm forgotten, and start acting like He remembers.

No comments:

Post a Comment