Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Red Light District

First, let me just say: We aren't getting our shipment now. And UPS has screwed over Diamondback for the last time, they are losing all of Ethan's business if they don't rectify this mistake! I cried last night, cried on my way into a deep sleep. This morning I woke up much more peaceful, and feeling like March isn't so long to wait. 3 weeks of that wait we are gone. So that is the update. Now we just need prayer to figure out asap which is the best way to go as far as which shipping organization, etc.

Now back to the subject at hand.

Though my house is clean (Doris is here today), and smells of fresh air and cleaning products, everything feels really dirty. I suspected something last week. Kenyan women, dressed to the nines, standing outside with older 50-60'something white men. . . Then when our dear friend Debel was visiting, he watched a movie with us and Hot Husband took him home around 12am- at the same time we opened our door, they opened theirs to leave. 3 black Kenyan women, and one older white man. A different one then before. Monday I went to our friend Levis the taxi driver who seems to drive for everyone in our complex. Levis went on a sleuthing hunt for me, all hush hush of course.

And today I went to him and got the details. The women rent the apartment, have been here for 3 months, and run a prostitution business out of their apartment. It appears that the men are all 50-60 year old United Nations peacekeepers.

Having never had to really deal with this before, I'm not sure quite how to respond. I will not let that kind of thing go on next to my family. This explains some of the weird dreams, thoughts, etc that we've been both experiencing randomly. I do not want Cute Child to be exposed to this. They swim in the pool often, with their men... It just feels so ICK. ICK. ICK.

Levis strongly recommends that we do nothing for now, and we're smart enough to know that this sort of situation could get us in big trouble if we confront it.

Right now I'm thinking big bottles of anointing oil, prayer, fasting. That's all I know to do.

Anyone have any thoughts? Any ideas? What would you do if this were you, and your family?

1 comment:

  1. that is terrible krista. i am so sorry. well, prayer is definitely important. is it only those 3 women, or do they have younger girls in the apartment? i guess my response may be different if there was trafficking of minors next door. still, scary spot to be in and i am not sure what you should do. pray first. i know God will give you wisdom and direction.

    ReplyDelete