Friday, October 8, 2010

Bits and Pieces...


I'm sitting here typing to the background noise of Elmo's world video, and my 2 year old, Cute Child, is randomly screaming into the living room air "ANMIMALS!" and "MISTUH NOOODUL"... I figure it's a good time to do a short update.

This morning when I went to my doctor here, I told her for the first time (I know, I know, even she said I should have mentioned it months ago) about the nightmares, the anxiety/panic attacks, and the vitamins I'm taking. She asked me to explain in detail what it all is like, what I feel, don't feel, etc. And then she said with such firm resolve, that this is completely classic thyroid problems, and promptly wrote a script for me to go into the lab downstairs and get a full work up for my thyroid. I did this a few years ago, and it cost my insurance company in the US something over a 1,000USD. I paid cash this morning, it was 4,700KES. That's like 55USD folks. 2 things: why on earth is it so expensive in the States for blood work? and. I wonder if all of this is a thyroid related problem!!?

In 3 hours we will be at the airport here, picking my parents up. I'm so excited, and not just for the suitcases full of goodies. (such as the 16oz of medium cheddar cheese she is bringing!!!) I'm really excited to see them, for Cute Child to play with them. For the help with getting our new house ready, and the new baby.

Speaking of... I think we have chosen a name for the baby. :) But I will leave you all in suspense. Sorry, but it's been quiet up till now, why not wait till he comes!?

And soon, soon folks I will post pictures of our new house. Yes, an actual house. Stand alone. Not even a town house!! It's in a 9 house compound. SOooo excited! Tomorrow I think we will plant some grass there, pick up some paint, decide how to paint the kitchen cupboards and built in closets. (white). I just found out that there are no rollers here. Just paint brushes. REALLY wish I had known this a week ago, it would have been easy for my parents to throw that stuff in their suitcases! Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment