Thursday, September 17, 2009

So many questions.


I am inundated. With questions. My brain, a swirling, writhing (at times) mass of questions. Lest you think that it's also all worry, or strife, let me be clear- it's just simply questions. After a year of mulling this move over, researching it, praying over it, crying and analyzing it- it's here! It's 5.5 days away. I can hardly believe it!

What will Salaam Apartments look like? Will not having a back up generator, and a city having electrical rations (from 6am-4pm every day) be a huge detriment? Will I like satellite television, or not need it? Will the internet be unbearably slow? Will not having a pool (Blackrose had a pool) still give us enough to do? Will be on the third floor be good? Will I worry about our security during the day if the power is off (which means the electric fence is off)? How will I buy food if I don't have a car to drive to a market? Will I buy only what I can carry (and only what I can carry, while carrying Jonah?) ? What food will I find at the market? Will I be able to lose 15 pounds by the time brother in law gets married? Will I not look like a giant in the pictures? Will my period start regulating itself? Will we have money for Christmas presents? How can I get a Christmas tree in our house in Nairobi (we don't leave till the 26th)? Will there be any trees? What will the weather be like there? Will it feel like higher elevation (Nairobi is about 6,500 feet above sea level!)?

SO many questions....

No comments:

Post a Comment