Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Big News... I'm Pregnant!


We're having another one of these!!! (though not certain of the gender yet!!!)

And one of these! :) I just love this picture. So much attitude, and he was only 2 days old!
But too bad I feel like this: (Fefa, to this day, if I look at this picture I feel sick. - we were on a boat ride in MA to see whales, and we're both pregnant, and both SO sea sick and nauseas!!)

So I've been kinda quiet the last couple weeks. That's because every day, every other day, every single day for several weeks (minus last Friday and Sunday) I have been hurling my insides into a toilet. We have 3 to choose from, so I can't complain on that end. But mix that in with the first couple weeks of puking I also had the bacterial intestinal infection- thought I was going to just die. HORRIBLE.

I am week 10, and was sick with Cute Child till week 15, so I'm seriously praying that I quit before then. I've puked in parking lots, side of the road, and a bush by the church. I haven't puked in my purse... yet. (I did that in a Stop and Shop in Massachusetts- so horrible it was funny). The hardest part is that I get cravings, but I can't fulfill them. So I finally want to eat something, and it's like chicken fingers, or Panera soup, or taquitos, the list goes on. The things I want are things that I just have no access to, and cannot have here. On one hand I'm not gaining anything, on the other hand, it really sucks.

We're still in a bit of disbelief. After so much drugs with getting Cute Child, I can hardly believe that the miracle drug- Metformin has not only regulated my cycles, helped me to lose weight without trying, but has also caused my body to ovulate on it's own... WHAT?!!!! Amazing. It is my new best friend. We stopped 'preventing' in January. And it appears, we also conceived in January... Insane. Our due date is mid-October, and that's perfect for our plane flights home for Christmas December 20th. *sigh. I have that long until I can have Chik Fil A, Panera, and all my cravings? And by then I'll be wanting to lose weight. OH THE INJUSTICE! (just kidding, well... kinda.)

I've been thinking a lot of if this is our last biological baby. More on this later. I've been contemplating adoption and our lifestyle, and wondering if adoption is good for our family and our lifestyle, and just pondering a lot of things along these lines.

I also know one thing, that is incredibly real. I could not be pregnant and so sick right now in America, unless I temporarily moved in with my parents. Without Doris I would be unable to function. And this is me on a anti-nausea drug! (It just stops the puking- though at the end of doses I get real sick anyways- but at least I'm not in hospital- I was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravarum with Cute Child) . There have been many days where I am just laying on the couch, unable to move, and Cute Child is running circles around me, drawing on walls (washable crayons are from Jesus), and me... looking at him weakly, only moving to go to the bathroom... when in swoops Doris. Cleaning my house, feeding my child, doing my laundry... washing my fruits and vegetables. Making home made chapatis for Hot Husband.

We are very happy. Very excited.

3 comments:

  1. ps. I puked 3 times while writing this post. Just in case you were wondering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, Amazing, Amazing! Oh my, I am so excited for you! So sorry you are so ill though, not fun at all.
    Funny thing....I actually had a crazy dream about you last night. Did you know that they added a huge screened in porch/play room on to the back of your parents old house in MT? Well, at least in my dream they did.
    Congrats again! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, can I have a Doris? It might be worth moving to Africa.......

    Love ya,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete