Friday, March 26, 2010

Health Care Bill

As an American abroad, one that has spent a few years receiving health care in a country which every citizen receives free health care (Canada), experiencing first hand the benefits and the cons- and in my case many more cons then benefits... I have been watching and praying for my country during this time with much concern, and unease. While I cannot argue in any way that the American health care system has major flaws and needs many revisions, I am greatly concerned that this new bill is yet another step in American's relying on the government and depending on it to solve their problems. I have included the link to an excellent article expounding on this issue, an opinion piece from the National Review: http://article.nationalreview.com/428996/tattered-liberty/mark-steyn?page=1

Please, if you are wondering why so many American's opposed the recent health care bill (59% according to Cnn.com) passed in the States, read this article. It should shed some light on the perspective of many Americans.





No comments:

Post a Comment