Friday, October 23, 2009

Not exactly roughing it.

We had a spa day today at Miriam's house.

My eyebrows were threaded, as well as my upper lip, for 6 dollars. and for another 6, I got a delightful foot and calves massage, along with a gorgeous pedicure, where all the disgusting African dirt and dead skin was sloughed off my feet. Afterwords my toes painted a lovely bright red, and feet slathered and rubbed with a lovely Body Shop peppermint foot lotion. I've never been pampered like that!

Can I just say- threading is really fascinating! And it looks incredibly difficult.

Next time I will also get my lower legs waxed, and my armpits as well, for an extra 6 bucks. Why not?!

All the while, lovely hired help was playing with Cute Child and Miriam's wee little 2 year old curly haired bundle of energy girl. And we sat and chatted. It was a grand time... and I am sitting here, with my feet feeling like a million bucks, wondering out loud that this is not quite what I thought moving to Africa would be like all those years ago.

And at the same time, I am just totally okay with that fact. At least right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment