Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sickness and Pictures

Here's some pictures of Blackrose the furnished apartments we are staying in at least for this first month- if not a 2nd. 

The swimming pool and brai (barbeque) area. Very nice- we've either been sick or busy to even use it yet though. . ! :( 
One of the walkways..

The outside of one of the buildings here- there are 3 units like this, framing a courtyard. We are in the back unit, on the 2nd floor. (or what they call 1st floor here, since they start with ground floor, and then go up 1, 2, etc).
A view of the courtyard. Note the crazy tree with the tall bit coming out the top of it!
The view from right outside our door... 
Our kitchen...
And dining... (for some reason I don't have the living couch area)

This is the view when you open our front door. ...

The first door on the right, is a toilet room with a sink...
The second door on the right is a shower room with a sink... (quite common here to keep the toilet and shower separate)
Third door on the right is the 2nd bedroom, which we use for Cute Child. 
First door on the Left is the main bedroom- ours. We bought the mozzie netting because Hot Husband was going batty with the one lone mozzie buzzing in his ears at night. 

We're all sick. Me being the least. Hot Husband currently taking the lead. Cute Child a close 2nd. It started a few days ago, and just hasn't seemed to let up much. Hot husband convinced me yesterday to go with some people who offered a ride to Village Market, this place that is like an African Outdoor mall. African because everything is crazy expensive, mostly all imported, and filled with a bit of a Disney feel- fake rivers, palm trees, wooden walk ways, etc. (though no singing birds, or small puppets swaying to 'It's a Small World') . I went because once a month they have an expat sale- I'm surmising this is where expats bring their goods to sell? I'm hoping to find a number of items. Iron, Ironing board, Microwave, drying rack-dishes and clothes. Etc. But we got there and it was not going on- they moved it to next week. So even at VillageMarketDisney where everything is so posh, it's still Africa in that we could never have known that they changed the date unless we had gone. Oh well. The hard part though is that I could tell all day Cute Child was still not well. Feverish, lethargic, a few dry heaves, no appetite. 

So when he started vomiting around 8 right before bed, and then proceeded to vomit a ton around 10pm- soiling a whole bunch more stuff for me to hand wash (NEVER underestimate the blessing of a washing machine friends!)- I was kicking myself for taking him anywhere. Stupid. Today we are staying in, we may take a short walk to YaYa for some fruit, flowers, and fabric softener, maybe some more Dettol. But only if Cute Child is up for it. 

I was sick in the night, but am feeling all right now, Hot Husband is feeling awful and still has to work. He's nauseas, and doing frequent runs to the loo. Horrible. He has deadlines all in the next 24 hours, and he's worried if he doesn't make them they will send him to Ghana for an extra 6 days. WHICH WOULD SUCK for me. Seriously, I was already gearing myself up for him to be gone 4 days. But 10? TEN!? Dear Jesus. 

Mix into that the new information that has led us to the conclusion that we are most definitely working for a Nebuchadnezzar (sorry need some spell check for that!)... and I think we're in some major warfare. Lord please show us your face, show us the way that you lead us. We earnestly desire wisdom for what to do, say, and act. 





4 comments:

  1. Testing Comment feature for Burgher Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnash. Me and Ben are praying for an end to all the nausea and sickness and that ridiculous favour would outwit all nebuchadnezzar tendencies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my dear! I love you, miss you and wish there was something I could do. I am so glad God gave you the gift of Cute Child (hehehe) since Hot Husband is working so much. I love the code names. Makes me feel very special! Your place looks wonderful and I can almost smell the air there. Love you and will be praying.

    ReplyDelete